NVA AGM 2010
Norfolk Volleyball Association - AGM – Tuesday 29th June 2010
• President – Keith Nicholls
• Chair Person – Annette Whitehead
• Secretary – Nigel Sinclair
• Treasurer – Debbie Cooper
• Norfolk Development Officer – Tomasz Morawski
• RTFM/Vipers/ENSFC – John, Kevin & Sandra
• GYGVC – Dave
• Pegasus – Annette & Debbie
• Pirates – Nigel
• Medusa – Tony, Mac & Kim
• UEA – Shaun
• Sportspark Youth – Tomasz
• Men’s National League – Tomasz & Dave
• Rob Douglas – Nomads
• SJ Ashford – Women’s National League
Training - Wednesday 7.40-9.40 & Sunday 5.40-8.20. Both sessions split into sessions for different abilities. Likely to enter another team in the mixed league due to increased numbers in the club.
Training – Wednesday evening. UEA have teams in National League; Men’s (Div 3 South) and Women’s (Div 2 after promotion), Regional and Local League Men’s and Mixed. UEA won Club of the Year at the University. UEA students were runners up in the Women’s National Student Cup.
Training – Monday Evenings. Massively increased numbers in the club. U18’s into the last 16 of the National Cup, U16 were 4th in the Regional Competition. Have a new U12 team. Looking to enter 2 Women’s teams in the Regional League. Have Club Mark award and going for ‘Volley Mark 1. Club is looking for sponsors.
Have the usual turnaround in players are the older pupils leave the college, but have numbers coming through to enter the team in the Men’s league again.
Training – Sunday 6-8pm at Hethersett Old Hall School.
Training with GYGVC is on Monday’s. Still have enough players to enter two teams.
UPDATE FROM TOMASZ (NORFOLK DEVELOPMENT OFFICER)
• Running lots of school sessions with a focus on Primary Schools
• Norfolk Schools Championships – School Partnerships winners came through to the Championships at the Sportspark, Oriel Winners overall.
• Some Colleges are playing in the county also
• School Beach Volleyball Championships – Age groups from U11’s upwards, separate boys and girls teams, very successful.
• Youth Development - Norfolk is now feeding players into the Regional teams. Tomasz and Dave are now coaches for two of the regional teams.
• Regional Tournaments, different age groups have been entered into qualifying, no teams qualified for the national championships this year.
• Tomasz still coaching UEA Students who are doing very well.
• Tomasz is developing Gifted and Talented Sessions at CNS. These G&T sessions will be for elite athletes only. Will include physio, swimming, cardiovascular testing and everything else needed to develop elite Volleyballers. Will involve 3 x 2 hour sessions a week.
• Tomasz is training to become able to lead coaching courses himself
• Thanks to Dave at the vastly successful GYGVC and also the expanding Medusa club.
UPDATE FROM KEITH (NORFOLK VOLLEYBALL PRESIDENT)
Has sourced the ‘Sliders’, which are the flexible net system and these have been put into various schools. The ‘Youth Sports Trust’ also like the nets and will be looking to introduce more into other schools in the county with funding that the trust supply.
OTHER ISSUES ARISING
• Secretary needs to update the website
• Trophies need engraving and awarding at the Season Opening Tournament in Sept 2010.
• Agreed that all clubs in the Norfolk Volleyball Leagues MUST have English Volleyball club membership. This is £45 for the first season. All clubs MUST affiliate to play in the local league.
• A development league will be introduced for the 2010-2011 season. These will run in block of 6/7 weeks, one before Christmas, one before Easter and one in the summer term. This league has a minimal entry fee and will be played in the same ‘triangular’ format. Teams can register to play in each mini league later than the normal entries. The development league is for those teams who have players who are beginners, adults or youth teams are obviously welcome. Hoping that players from Tomasz’ taster sessions will form teams and may also have entries from GYGVC, UEA, Medusa and Sportspark. Tomasz will ‘be around’ if organizational help is needed in the development league.
• Pre-Season Tournament – Keith booked in the Hayden Morris Hall for Saturday 25th September from 9am-5pm.
• Local League to take place in one half of the Hayden Morris Hall from now on. The two halls giving us the opportunity to start the development league alongside the normal Mixed and Men’s leagues.
• When serving in the Hayden Morris Hall ONE FOOT can be on the line, but neither can be over the line/on court fully.
• Local League season will start Friday 1st October with 6 Mixed teams